ASUA Watch Independent, critical commentary and analysis of ASUA candidates and issues.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Awards

Well, well. Four authors? I think ASUA has plenty of critics...

So I'm trying to come up with some awards for which I'll design the graphics. Note that the same award may be given to more than one person, so it's not like the Oscars.

"Stupid White Men" award -- illogical use of the race card, "minority" empowerment, "diversity"
The John Edwards' Political Career Memorial "My Daddy Worked in a Mill" award -- use of parental credentials instead of one's own. Family is important, but some, like John Edwards, take it too far.
"Snide Alliance" award -- overmarketing to homosexuals, social engineering, "oppression"
"You are too stupid" award -- Having ASUA take care of items of which students can and should do for themselves
"μίμηση" award -- overmarketing to "Greek" imitation
"LMTH" award -- gross misuse of HTML
"Play That Funky Music" award -- thinking that solving the problem of online music downloading is worthy of student government interference
"Duct Tape" award -- support of speech codes

I know you have more in your head. Post 'em.

Oh, and my apologies to Arizona Watch for stealing their name in a way. I didn't realize the similarity until I had created all of this, but given that "watch" is all over the English language, it's still here to stay. Hey, Bridget (one of their authors) signed on, so what can I say?